Mail Online

Save up to £504* on your car insurance

Compare quotes with 110+ UK providers

Mail Finance has partnered with to help you save money on your car insurance.

We are here to help you find cheaper car insurance through our panel of specialist UK-based insurance providers. Drivers need to strike a good balance between cost and coverage, ensuring the policy has all the essentials they need at a competitive price. By using our comparison site, you are able to compare products, to make sure you’re getting the cover you need, at a price you can afford.

What level of car insurance do I need? Third party

This is the minimum level of car insurance required under UK law, and is essentially intended to protect other drivers when you take to the roads. To that end, third party insurance covers the cost of damage to a third party’s vehicle if you’re involved in an accident and you were at fault. But it isn’t always the best car insurance policy (even if it is occasionally the more affordable car insurance option), because it will not cover the cost of repairing or replacing your own vehicle.

Third party, fire and theft (TPFT)

This is similar to third party insurance, but will also pay out if your own car is stolen or damaged by fire.

Comprehensive cover

As the name suggests, fully comp is the most comprehensive level of cover a driver can take out in the UK, and, as such, it’s generally the best car insurance option. This type of policy includes everything that’s covered by TPFT, but will also cover the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle of an at-fault driver. This type of insurance will also pay out if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, which isn’t covered by lower levels of cover.





dmg media (UK)